New:
Writing can't just be a hobby or a half-pursuit. I now realize that I must write with everything in my arsenal each time I scrawl my dribbling thoughts. I should give all of myself and hold nothing back. Inspiration is nothing. It is only through diligence and letting go that great work finds it way out of my pen. It isn't anything greater for my writing than breaking downs the walls I've built to protect myself, recognizing my shortcomings and strengths simultaneously, and creating poetry from this personal space. Fear is now something I embrace because my writing is better for it. I have found within me a greater love and appreciation for my voice and surprise myself with what comes out. It is so much more satisfying to throw out all the rules of writing and find what works for me. I write me. I'm not afraid of that anymore.
Old:
I seek to reveal truth and to communicate how I perceive and am no longer afraid of what I write. I write from a place that is more my own than ever before. I drive to preserve the breath of fresh air I have been given and taken upon myself to exhale in words. I have come to the conclusion that inspiration is not spurred by the divine but through the seeking of it. When I am confronted with blank pages, I don't hesitate the way I used to, nor do I give heed to the critic in my head. My inhibitions have diminished tremendously because I have begun to trust in my influence. In me, there is greatness and a potential and I believe that having me recognize my voice is responsible for getting me to free it.
Morphed together:
Writing can't just be a hobby or a half-pursuit. I now realize that I must write with everything in my arsenal each time I scrawl my dribbling thoughts. I write from a place that is more my own than ever before. I give all of myself and hold nothing back. Inspiration is nothing. It is only through diligence and letting go that great work finds it way out of my pen. It isn't anything greater for my writing than breaking downs the walls I've built to protect myself. I don't hesitate the way I used to. I recognize my shortcomings and strengths simultaneously and create poetry from this personal space. Fear is now something I embrace because my writing is better for it. I have found within me a greater love and appreciation for my voice and surprise myself with what comes out. It is so much more satisfying to throw out all the rules of writing and find what works for me. I write me. I'm not afraid of that anymore.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I write me, not that sounds like something I would say not you! hahaha sorry. Overall this is a good redo however I don't like previously stated sentence because I just sounds like you are a three year old. However, I have been there and I can relate to this. I think that is a good way to end an essay a way to bring everyone back into you essay. I really enjoy your writing and you should send me some of that poetry you write! I like how you talk about embracing your fear of writing and realizing that it wont be easy to be a writer but you want to do it really. I like a lot of your sentences they are well crafted. I don't really like the last two sentences I feel a little left hanging. Overall excellent rewrite.
ReplyDelete