My Last Words
I know I have procrastinated in writing this blog. Waiting until the last possible moment, I have put off thinking about death. I know it happens. In my mind it happens to everyone but not to those that I love. I hate change. What type of legacy would I want to leave behind? What would I want to be known for? I think of all the accomplishments I make in life, of everything I will ever do, my children will be my biggest accomplishment. My choices will affect future generations so raising my children will be my biggest responsibility. I would gather my family together and talk to each of them. I always think of Lehi speaking to his family before he dies. Each comment he says to his children is so heartfelt. It was not simply a “I love you” it was a plea to stay strong in the gospel. This is because Lehi knew that he wanted to see his family on the other side. I would sit down and tell each of them my favorite characteristics about them: their beautiful eyes, their smile, the dimples in their cheeks, and their involuntary habits. I would then end with a plea, begging them to stay strong in the gospel. I hope that they will learn from my example, my mistakes, my trials, and my joys. I would want my legacy to be as a caring mother. It may sound cheesy or be overused but that is what I want my legacy to be. Education is important to me and a career is important to me. Ever since I was a child I was motivated in school and wanted nothing more than to be the smartest doctor. I wanted the prestige, the fame, the money, and the attention (what young child doesn’t want that). I want both a career and lots of education but I know that my children will be more important. Those chunky thighs, toothless grin, and soft hands will take my breath away. I think at that moment I will know that I have been entrusted with one of God’s most precious gifts. With this in mind I will give my children all that I have. This means that all throughout my life I will give my children all that I have. That is why I don’t know what I would say for my last words. I hope my life and my actions have been enough to show how I care and how I want them to grow up righteous. If I live my life the right way my last words will not be the most important aspect of my death. Instead it will be holding my family and not saying a word.
40 min
Death is hard to think about. Thank you for your insights. I liked how you incorporate yourself in this piece. I think it was kind of random when you go to your last words to what you wanted as a child. I got the shift but it was choppy. I liked how personal you were it was touching. Good Work!
ReplyDelete