I wish I had more time—there is not enough of it to do all that I want, all that I dreamed of. I will never meet the love of my life. I will never look into my children's eyes. I will never know if I am worthy of these gifts and I will cease to be in my loved ones' lives. I don't know how to say good-bye, so maybe saying what needs to be said will suffice.
I feel it is important to know that I have no regrets in my past. I would not be who I am if everything that has happened in my life, didn’t. I only regret not having a future. The plans unfulfilled and the dreams deferred taunt me. Yet I know that because I am happy--happier than I can say I’ve been--I do not need for the years I have lived to have more substance. I have experienced a quality I had not afforded to this life and have been amazed by the blessings I have received.
There is so much beauty all around me. I feel the power of God in every living thing I see. The fact that we can speak, learn, hurt, and love is testimony that He lives. I cannot express the comfort I take in knowing that because I am able to doubt, to think for myself, to communicate these thoughts to others and have them relate, there must be a greater design.
Art and creation have always fascinated me. We all have this spark within us to make something original, unique to us that others will view and connect with. Just putting something out in public is satisfying to human nature. I have caused change. I created something that forced someone to stop, and want to look deeper. I wish I have more time to make more; to have a mark attributed to me. I wish my affection could be more apparently seen in my work. We must all take the time to produce what is meaningful to us. Not what we think others will envy or want from us, but something that we are proud of and holistically represents all that we are, or even just a facet. Setting aside the moments to indulge our spirits makes life more than bearable; it causes us to become fruitful and the creations we produce nourish our souls.
I am happier when I write. I feel a deeply rooted peace when I can write down what I have been ruminating on or the ideas clustering themselves in my head. The mind is too often filled--my mind is much too busy for me to take pleasure in the single moments. Writing, performing, drawing, singing release all my energies into a focus. I breathe easier when I let things go, when I let my true nature override my hard swallowed etiquette. I am less critical of myself and therefore, I give more of myself. I feel like I am emulating my Savior when I do what I love. We all need to use our talents to their full and infinite potential. It is when we shine in our own capacities that we can fully embrace our divinity.
The most important message I can convey is drink it all in. There is no sweet without the bitter and no love without pain. I hope you know I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I also find that I am happier when I write. I hope you have a good next semester and that you keep writing. Toodle Lou
ReplyDeleteI really like how you draw the reader in at first. I really feel as if these are your last days and I feel bad for you. In the third paragraph you talk about the things you do that remind you of god. This was really good and personal but when you said hurt it sounded like you wanted to hurt others. Maybe thats just me but you might want to rethink that word. It was distracting.
ReplyDeleteI loved how personal this was. I haven't heard much of this from you and it was truly amazing. I love writing as well it makes me feel better about certain things and it a great way of relieving stress. Thank you for this piece.
This was very moving and powerful. I liked your first paragraph it was very powerful. It gave just a glimpse of the things that you would be missing out on.
ReplyDeleteI also liked that you didn't say that you loved the readers, but that you hoped that we knew that we were loved. You wanted the love to be instilled already, that at your passing people wouldn't have any doubts if they were loved. I think this is a very different thought than saying that you love the reader. It is much more powerful.